- If I bought a home in the middle of the year, how do I figure what I paid ...You might have paid a pro rata share of property taxes in the closing process on your house. The HUD-1 form in your closing documents should indicate this amount.You ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66891
- I lost my home or rental property in a foreclosure. How do I report this?There might be two possible tax consequences. It depends on if:Your home is repossessed due to foreclosure.Your mortgage debt is wiped out -also called cancellation of...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=56684
- My Form 1098, Box 5 shows "0", but my bank's statement shows real estate ...Yes, you can deduct the real estate taxes you actually paid. The mortgage company isn't required to include real estate taxes on your Form 1098.http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66895
- If I have two Forms 1099-C, can I qualify for insolvency?For you to be insolvent, your total liabilities must be more than the fair market value (FMV) of all of your assets. This applies right before the cancellation of ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=67126
- Can I deduct points I paid for a refinance?You usually amortize points used to buy down the interest rate on a refinance over the term of the loan.You might use loan proceeds from the refinance to substantially...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=67132
- Can I deduct any extra payments made to the principal on an investmentNo. You can't deduct principal payments. However, you can deduct the interest portion of your payment that you paid for the year.Any extra principal payments will ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=67133
- Itemized Deductions Schedule A – Tax Articles & Tax Tips – H&R BlockLearn about Itemized Deductions Schedule A for income tax tips from our tax articles at H&R Block. Get info about Itemized Deductions Schedule A and additional tax ...http://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/tax-help-articles/...
- The Credit Score Catch-22 | Block Talk The H&R Block Official Corporate BlogA thoughtful, creative approach to establishing a credit history will put you on the road to a high credit score, and, in turn, credit cards, mortgages andhttp://blogs.hrblock.com/2014/12/19/the-credit-score-catch-22/
- Vacation-Home Income – Tax Articles & Tax Tips – H&R BlockLearn about Vacation-Home Income for income tax tips from our tax articles at H&R Block. Get info about Vacation-Home Income and additional tax tips from the tax experts.http://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/tax-help-articles/Income/...
- Rentals and Royalties – Tax Articles & Tax Tips – H&R BlockLearn about Rentals and Royalties for income tax tips from our tax articles at H&R Block. Get info about Rentals and Royalties and additional tax tips from the tax ...http://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/tax-help-articles/Real-...