- I had a loss on my business for 2013. The loss is for several thousand ...Yes. You should be able deduct the business use of your home on Form 8829 if both of these apply:You have a loss.You're still engaged in achieving a profit.When you ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=56717
- When we bought our condo, we paid for the condo itself, closing costs, and ...Your initial basis in the property is the purchase price. Then, you'll add in these closing costs:Abstract feesCharges for installing utility servicesLegal fees, like:...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=57379
- If I bought a home in the middle of the year, how do I figure what I paid ...You might have paid a pro rata share of property taxes in the closing process on your house. The HUD-1 form in your closing documents should indicate this amount.You ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66891
- I lost my home or rental property in a foreclosure. How do I report this?There might be two possible tax consequences. It depends on if:Your home is repossessed due to foreclosure.Your mortgage debt is wiped out -also called cancellation of...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=56684
- If my Form 1098, Box 5 shows 0, but my bank's statement shows real-estate ...Yes, you can deduct the real-estate taxes you actually paid. The mortgage company isn't required to include real-estate taxes on your Form 1098.http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66895
- If I have two Forms 1099-C, can I qualify for insolvency?For you to be insolvent, your total liabilities must be more than the fair market value (FMV) of all of your assets. This applies right before the cancellation of ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=67126
- Can I deduct any extra payments made to the principal on an investmentNo. You can't deduct principal payments. However, you can deduct the interest portion of your payment that you paid for the year.Any extra principal payments will ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=67133
- Can I deduct points I paid for a refinance?You usually amortize points used to buy down the interest rate on a refinance over the term of the loan.You might use loan proceeds from the refinance to substantially...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=67132
- Itemized Deductions Schedule A – Tax Articles & Tax Tips – H&R BlockLearn about Itemized Deductions Schedule A for income tax tips from our tax articles at H&R Block. Get info about Itemized Deductions Schedule A and additional tax ...http://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/tax-help-articles/...
- Vacation-Home Income – Tax Articles & Tax Tips – H&R BlockLearn about Vacation-Home Income for income tax tips from our tax articles at H&R Block. Get info about Vacation-Home Income and additional tax tips from the tax experts.http://www.hrblock.com/free-tax-tips-calculators/tax-help-articles/Income/...