- Health Care Q – College and the Advance Tax Credit | Block Talk The H&R ...Can a college student qualify for the advance tax credit under the Affordable Care Act? Maybe. The experts at the Tax Institute explain.http://blogs.hrblock.com/2014/05/26/health-care-qa-college-and-the-advance-...
- Oh Christmas Tree, How Expensive Are Thee INFOGRAPHIC | Block Talk The H&R ...In our latest infographic we take a close look at all of the numbers that go into the grand holiday tradition of the Christmas Tree.http://blogs.hrblock.com/2013/12/09/oh-christmas-tree-how-expensive-are-...
- Health Care Q – Advance Tax Credit | Block Talk The H&R Block Official ...We continue our series on the Affordable Care Act and how it affects you. What is the advance tax credit? It's a tax credit you receive to help pay your healthhttp://blogs.hrblock.com/2014/06/20/healthcare-qa-advance-tax-credit/
- Can I deduct my student-loan interest if it was part of a consolidation loan?Yes, as long as the loans are qualified education loans. Those are loans that pay for qualified higher education expenses.This means you can:<ol>Refinance an original ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66916
- I received a loan-repayment program award. The government gave money ...Usually, if your loan is paid off, then the amount paid is taxable as income. You might receive one of these so you can include the amount as income:Form 1099W-2 Most ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=64049
- My wages are garnished for payment on my student loan. Will my refund be ...Usually, only the state and federal governments are able to take your tax refund. So, you’ll probably get your refund if your student loan debt isn’t:With the state or...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=64230
- When can I deduct county taxes paid in advance?You can deduct local taxes paid in advance if the payment is for either:2013 taxes2014 taxesEx: If in 2013 you made advance payments for 2014 local taxes, you could ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66908
- I have a 1098-T from my child's college. It reports her tuition and fees, ...Maybe. It depends if the terms of the scholarship or fellowship restrict the use of the money.Usually, you must use tax-free educational assistance for qualified ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=62728
- My child received student loans. Are the loans included in my income ...Student loans don't constitute income. A dependent's income must be below the $3,900 threshold only if the dependent is a qualifying relative. Since this person is ...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66463
- If I haven't received all my W-2s yet, can I get an advance on my refund?No. The IRS doesn't issue advance refunds.Also, if you haven't received all of your W-2 information, you might not be able to accurately report your income. You should...http://www.hrblock.com/tax-answers/services/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=66626